Planning and Community Development Department
Follow the Sitka Comprehensive Plan process: http://sitkacomprehensiveplan.com/
The draft Historic Preservation Plan and appendices are now available for public viewing and comment. Please submit comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28th.
"Facilitating citizen directed community growth"
Welcome...The Planning and Community Development Department consists of the Planning and Community Development Director and Planner I. Together, the Planning and Community Development Department strives to create a safe, functional, and attractive city through coordinated community visioning, comprehensive planning, and development review. Providing exceptional public service is our highest priority. Our staff assists the public, Assembly, Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, and various other Commissions and Departments by providing information, guidance, and direction on land use issues and regulations. Among other services, the Planning and Community Development Department:
- Collaborates with property owners, lease holders, and developers on site design and opportunities.
- Reviews applications for Variance Requests, Conditional Use Permits, Zoning Text and Map Amendments, and Subdivisions.
- Provides staff support to the Planning Commission by providing development review and professional recommendations.
- Initiates and directs studies and reports pertaining to long and short-term planning needs for community growth.
- Produces and updates mapping products including Tax Maps, Address Maps, Zoning Maps and GIS site.
- Processes lease agreements for municipally owned tidelands.
- Processes lease and land sale applications of municipally owned land.
- Assigns street addresses.
- Acts as Public Information Officer as needed.
Plans in Progress:
- Baranof Warm Springs Infrastructure Management Plan
- The Sitka Planning Commission - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 7 PM. Deadlines are 3 weeks before each meeting -
Tuesday 5 PM.
- Meets the 1st Tuesdays regarding the development of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Meets the 3rd Tuesdays to hold hearings on subdivisions, variances, conditional use permits, and other requests.
- The City and Borough Assembly -
Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.
- The Sitka Historic Preservation Commission - Meets 2nd Wednesday. Deadlines are 7 days before each meeting -Tuesday noon.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Planning and Zoning In Your Neighborhood....
Keep informed about upcoming projects that may affect your neighborhood.
Click to subscribe
Downloads and Links:
- Available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
- First Floor of the Municipal
Building at 100 Lincoln Street
Visit our Staff Page